if you wonder What size rug for queen bed you should go for, there are a number of options, if you want to consider a rug for a queen-size bed. Different sizes provide different aesthetics to your bedroom; size also depends on your room’s dimensions.
A rug can serve more than one purpose; it provides warmth and enhances the bedroom’s aesthetics as well. If you have a wall-to-wall carpet, you don’t need a rug practically, but if you want to spice up the overall appearance of the room, you can go for it.
Area rugs- rugs that only cover a part of the floor; now it, can size between 5×7’ to 9×12’. It is important to choose the right size according to the place that would be left around the bed to walk after laying the rug.
Try to buy a rug from a store rather than buying it online because textures, colors, and sizes are better inspected in person instead of judging through a picture and buying.
What size rug for queen bed you should consider?
If you are looking for a full-size rug that you can lay under your bed and still have enough space beside your bed to walk freely, your room should measure at least 10 feet by 10 feet because the most considerable size is a rug for queen size bed is 9×12’.
However, if your room is not so big, then your room would decide on the size of the area rug and not you. The placement of the bed is always perpendicular to the rug, which means if your mattress is laid vertical, your rug should be laid horizontally.
No matter what size you choose to go for, the space between the walls should be six inches minimum and 2 feet maximum.
Now, if we jump to the measurements, there is a breakdown of What size rug for a queen bed should be suitable for your room:
- The smallest size we have is four feet by 6 feet; however, this size for a queen bed is way too small, but this shouldn’t stop you from spreading your creative wings; you can use two similar rugs and lay them on each side of the bed. It would give the vibe of a symmetrical bedroom. Or the second option you can go for is layering in front of your bed.
- For smaller rooms, other options are five-foot by seven-foot or a five-foot by 8-foot rug, which you can place under your queen bed.
However, this is the smallest rug size you can place under your bed, so there won’t be enough space left for you to set your nightstands on the rug.
- The other size option for a queen bed rug you can opt for is six feet by nine feet; it’s a bit large in size if we compare to your previous option of five feet by seven feet, but not big enough to provide you space for nightstands.
However, you’ll have fourteen inches of the rug underfoot on both sides of the bed.
- Another option we have is seven feet by 10 feet which is appropriate for a queen-size bed because it’s enough for a standard-sized bedroom, but if you have a very large bedroom, then you should look for other options as well.
If you are going with this size option, you’ll have twenty inches of the rug underfoot on each side of the bed.
- If your bedroom is larger than the standard-sized bedroom, then you might make up your mind to go with the eight feet by ten feet or nine feet by twelve feet option.
This is the size that provides you the space for your nightstands to place it on the rug. . Beside the nightstand, you can also set a couch or chairs.
- If you have a room way too small but you still want a rug, there are options for that too. You can use runners or sheepskins though they won’t function as a typical rug but provide you the warmth and softness you expect from a rug. And it won’t take much space.
Where to place a rug in a bedroom
Now when you have the proper measurements of your room and the size of rug you need to get for your bedroom, it comes to the point where you need to think about the placement.
Placement of the rug isn’t very difficult, but adjusting the room according to the rug can be a bit of work; you can reduce this Task’s difficulty by using masking tape to divide the spaces for better vision of the room, then later removing the tape once your room is ready to use.
Tips for bed placement on the area rug.
- If you are going with the size of five feet by seven feet or five feet by eight feet rug, then place two-thirds of the rug under the bed. By doing this, you’ll have a few inches of rug exposed on all three sides of the bed.
- If you have a rug measured seven feet by ten feet, then place it under the bed closer to the headboard in such a manner that it provides you the space for your nightstand.
- If you have sheepskin or runners, then it should be placed on either side of the bed or at the foot of the bed. And avoid placing any furniture over the rug.
Also read What colours go with grey sofa for more home decor ideas.
Will a 6×9’ rug fit a queen bed?
Well, this is the standard size rug for a queen-size bed. You can blindly go for it until and unless your room is not big enough. A 6×9’ rug would provide you with fourteen inches of underfoot rug on each side.
What size is a queen bed?
The dimensions of a queen mattress are five feet by six feet and eight inches, sixty inches in length, and eighty inches in width.
Is a double bed the same as a queen?
The straight and simple answer is no queen bed is a bit bigger than the double bed; it’s 6 inches wider and 5 inches longer than a regular double bed.